Information Center – Bridge

Information Center

What To Do

1- Ask yourself the below questions:

What are your reasons for pursuing higher education abroad?

Are you motivated by career goals, job prospects, academic interest, or personal satisfaction?

What particular specialization are you interested in?

It is important to match your objectives with what the universities offer. If your aim is to pursue a particular field, you should apply to universities with specialized departments in that field. If you are interested in practical experience, you should apply to universities located close to the commercial centers and important cities.

2- Realistically assess your academic and professional background:

Are you a competitive student? Are you dedicated and hardworking? How good is your academic record? Do you have any work experience or research work related to your field of study? Do you have any credentials in extracurricular activities?
Only if you have a good academic background, you should apply to highly ranked universities. If you feel you are moderately placed, you should apply to mid ranked universities.

3- Get an academic focus:

Do you have a relatively clear idea of your field of study? Have you spoken to your professors if you are a research student? Have you read journals to know more about your field and other new fields?
Most universities abroad have a very flexible system where you can select your courses and focus more on your field of interest. There are also many specialized courses which may suit your needs.

4- Realistically assess your financial abilities:

Will you get a financial assistance from the university? Can you or your family finance your education and stay? Do you have an overseas sponsor? Are you eligible for funds from educational trusts?
Please take into account the process, examination, postage & university application fees etc. Tuition and living expenses depend on the course and the duration. For a visa, you must be able to demonstrate your ability to fund your education and stay abroad.

5- Choosing the University/College/Institution:

It is better to narrow down your choice by looking at the following:

Program Offerings (BA, BSc, BE, MA, MSc, MBA, DA, DBA, MPhil and PhD)

Specialization, faculty, thrust of the programs

University Rankings

Program Length

Cost (Tuition, living expenses, etc.)

Availability of Financial Assistance to International Students

Entrance Requirements (Bachelor’s degree in same field, work experience, etc.)

Tests ( TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, GMAT, etc. and minimum scores)

Accreditation status (Professional accreditation for some programs)

Student Profile (Percentage of international students,average work experience levels, etc.)

Enrollment (Total available seats and the size of the school)

Facilities (Library, housing, student associations, etc.)

Type of Institution (Public or Private)

These are the usual criteria. You could prioritize your criteria out of this list and shortlist the number of universities on that basis.

• Current passport
• English proficiency test scores: IELTS UKVI, TOEFL or PTE Academic
• Bank letter or statement that evidences costs of studies and living
• Current passport
• English proficiency test scores: IELTS UKVI, TOEFL or PTE Academic
• High school leaving certificate, transcripts, and exam results: Tawjihi, A-Levels, IB or SAT
• Two recommendation letters that include referee contact details
• Personal statement
• Bank letter or statement that evidences costs of studies and living
• Contact details: telephone number, address and email
• Method of payment for applications
• Current passport
• English proficiency test scores: IELTS UKVI, TOEFL or PTE Academic
• Bachelor’s diploma and transcripts
• Master’s diploma and transcripts (for PhD applicants)
• Three recommendation letters that include referee contact details
• CV
• Statement of intent
• Proposal (for PhD applicants)
• Bank letter or statement that evidences costs of studies and living
• Contact details: telephone number, full address and email
• Method of payment for applications
• Current and previous passports
• Admission documents: offer letter and CAS, COE, I-20 etc
• English proficiency test scores: IELTS UKVI, TOEFL or PTE Academic
• Transcripts and certificates of all previous studies from secondary level and above
• Required recommendation letters that include referee contact details
• Personal statement
• Bank letter or statement that evidences costs of studies and living
• Signed financial affidavit provided by student’s financial sponsor
• Evidence of sponsor’s source of income and proof of employment
• Proof of familial property and/or investments in home country
• Student and sponsor contact details: telephone number, address and email
The academic year in UK begins end September/ early October. Moreover, some universities offer some taught or research courses in the period from January until August. For Undergraduate entry: Applications should be made through UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service) which is a centralized, clearing agency. Students should submit their application on or before 15 March of the previous year. For Postgraduate entry: Most UK universities / colleges do not have any deadlines for postgraduate courses. The best time to apply for September or January intakes is three months prior to the start date.
Yes, you can. Most universities offer partial scholarships and discounts on tuition fees ranging from £1000 to £5000. UK universities offer variety of scholarships to international students for a number of programmes to which students can apply using different universities’ scholarship application forms.
Most British institutions requires the student to prove his/her proficiency in English. The student may be required to either take the IELTS test which is administered regularly by the British Council.
Students can choose either on campus or off campus accommodation. Universities’ accommodation is usually facilitated for students as it would enable the use of services like library, IT and extracurricular facilities to a great extent. There are various option for students to choose from (studio flats, bedrooms, and en-suites, whether standard or deluxe, alone or with a roommate). In case a student couldn’t find convenient on campus accommodation, he can look for off campus accommodation that is usually located 5-10 minutes’ walk to campus. Means of transportation are also usually secured if the student wasn’t able to find a nearby accommodation.
Yes, a student can get part time job in UK. International Students are also allowed to work part-time up to 20 hours per week during term time and full time during holidays. The amount earned varies between £4 and £15 per hour and this can be additional pocket money. However, when applying for a Visa, students must show evidence of full financial support in order to cover their tuition and living costs.
For UK student Visa, students are required to provide a Bank Statement showing that they have enough funds to fully cover the whole period of their stay, (tuition fees and living expenses are both to be included). A student either provides his own bank statement or his father’s or mother’s bank statement if they are to sponsor his studies there. Other relatives are not acceptable sponsors to fund a student’s study in the UK; however, USA, Australia and Canada are more flexible in this matter, as anyone can sponsor your study there, as long as they can provide a sponsorship letter indicating their full acceptance of sponsoring your studies and the extent to which they are prepared to fund your studies.
GMAT score is considered which means that the student has to under go a GMAT examination.
Universities and colleges take an average of one month to grant Bachelors degrees’ applicants an admission decision. For graduate degrees (Masters and Doctorate) universities usually take 4 to 6 months to give a decision on an application.
Some universities and colleges offer conditional acceptances for Bachelors and Master Degrees. It is impossible to get a conditional acceptance for PhD applicants to any of our partner universities.
Most universities do require the GRE or GMAT. Very few universities do not require the GRE or GMAT if the student’s Grade Point Average (GPA) is 3.0 / 4.0 or above. 
The period of any English course depends on your IELTS score or the English Test which is done at our offices.
For adults’ programs, 16 years old and above, and for juniors’ programs from 7-16 years old.
There are many types of Visa (General and Special Visitor, General Students, Child Visa and others). We can determine the type of Visa to which you should apply for based on your purpose of travelling.

If you are a full-time international student studying in UK, you will normally have a Tier 4 Visa.
To apply for a Tier 4 Visa, the University (your sponsor) will generate a CAS (Certificate of Acceptance for Studies) number for you.
Although CAS Numbers are issued up to six months in advance, the earliest you can apply for your visa is three months prior to the start of the course.
You have to satisfy academic and immigration rules criteria before a university can give you a CAS number.
There are also a number of limitations and requirements set by the UKBA; which you have to bear in mind as a Tier 4 student.
Our Visa Department helps students throughout the whole Visa application process; including filling the applications, booking appointments, and checking all the required documents to make sure everything is perfect.
We help also with the other types of Visa:
General Visitor
Family Visitor
Special Visitor
Child Visitor and others.

Copyrights - Bridge International For Academic Service 2018

Copyright © 2018 Web Design by Webmaster
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use